Monday, July 7, 2008

my hero.

i was young, stupid, and klutzy.
you were older, wiser, and just fun to be around.
we met one day, and we just sorta clicked.
we were basically best friends.

everything came easy to you.
school, friends, boys.
i wanted to be just like you.
i looked up to you.
you were my hero.
you've been it ever since.
until now.

there were signs, i suppose.
we didn't talk nearly as much,
and it felt forced.
we both had new friends.
but we promised each other that things would change,
a change for the better.
they didn't.

but despite that, i still thought you were cool.
i still wanted to be just like you.
you were still my hero.
but now this.

now,
you might think you're "cool",
but to me, you aren't.
you might think you've got real friends,
but to me, you don't.
and you might think you're still the same person you were before,
but trust me, you aren't.

you aren't my hero anymore.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Dear Jordan,

I do agree that the choices made weren't great ones. But after thinking about some things, I remembered something my mom told me once.

"Sometimes, people do bad things, but that doesn't make them bad people."

I don't know if that matters to you or not, but it nudged my magic flying glass over just a tiny bit and let me see a situation a little differently.

Anonymous said...

Heh, thanks for your comment. Seems like you got a lot off your chest! Seems so, through the major emotion in this piece. And I'm absolutley in love with PlayRadioPlay! too. :) One thing though, do you mind me using that quiz in the post below? Hit back.