Sunday, September 28, 2008

stolen.

it's as if the pieces of me are breaking away,
or maybe its as if they're being wrenched off of their glue.
the parts of who i am that were once molded to me as if of clay,
now seem to belong to you.

no one sees, it seems,
the crime that's been taking place.
my hopes, my wishes, my thoughts and dreams,
are being whisked away from their case.

you have them locked behind new doors,
as i saw you steal them from where they slept.
you revealed them to the world as yours,
and all i did was stand and accept.

so i guess i'm at just as much fault as you,
for when you stole i did nothing.
i kept quite though all the while i knew,
and yet i still acted as if you would do something.

but what crinimal returns their prizes,
the ones they worked so hard to get.
so although this comes as no surprise,
i can't give up hope yet.

but look at me, here, empty and broken,
no longer who i used to be.
all because i once uttered words i shouldn't have spoken,
and, upon taking them, you also took me.

i'll never be who i once was,
just because you decided to steal.
so i hope you have a great life because
thanks to you, i never will.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

thats really beautiful/sad/poetic/depressing/impressive/wow.