Sunday, March 9, 2008

right?

at first it just kinda irked me,
but i wasn't going to let it bother me.
after all,
it was no big deal.
right?

i mean,
they're just speech girls.
harmless.
and you wouldn't do anything that you shouldn't.
right?

but then they flirted with you,
lots and lots,
and it started to bother me.
but i was ok...
right?

and then there was more,
more flirting,
and more girls,
and i got angrier and angrier,
which i knew i had no right to be...
right?

everyone reassured me it was no big deal,
which i knew i wasn't.
you wouldn't do that...
right?

i mean,
there's nothing wrong with talking to girls,
girls that are obviously flirting with you,
instead of talking to your girlfriend,
whom you never talk to or see...
right?

but it was ok,
because others noticed too,
and they helped bring you back to talk to me,
as you should have been doing...
right?

and then we just kinda chilled for a while,
and you told me that i was "quiet" while you were "loud",
which i didn't think was a problem,
but the way you said that made me worry.
silly me, worrying over a stupid thing like that.
...that is a stupid thing to worry over...
right?

but all that didn't matter when you hugged me,
and when i finally felt like i meant something to you,
which is the only feeling i've ever wanted the most.
but that feeling was worth all that stupid worrying,
and watching those girls flirt with you...
right?

i mean,
stupid me, i was overreacting.
those girls were harmless...
right?

i felt like one of those over-obsessive girlfriends,
you know,
the ones you don't let their boyfriends talk to any other girls,
because of sheer jealously and insecurity.
well, of course i was jealous and insecure,
but i didn't have any right to be...
right?

and although you did meet some new girl friends or whatever,
and got to spend lots of time talking with them,
you did spend some time with me.
which is enough...
right?

right?

No comments: