Thursday, November 27, 2008

i'm an author.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Leap of Faith"
Faith comes in all different forms, but atheist lawyer Maria Godsend has troubles believing that. However, when she's assigned to a rape case and her client starts seeing 'angels', Maria is forced to rethink the fact that maybe something Bigger does exist after all. Add in the fact that she's been receiving letters from a little girl trying to communicate with God, and Maria is thrown into an adventure where she learns that Angels and Demons don't only exist in the Heavens.
-----
As of roughly an hour ago, I am the author of a novel. You have no idea how good it feels to say that. I've spent a lot of time on this novel, and I'm proud to say that it isn't actually half-bad. Yes, it is pretty boring and confusing and weak and just don't even make sense in some parts, but it's what I set out to do. I set out to write a novel in thirty days, without editing a thing of it; and here I am. I've done it. Participating in NaNoWriMo has really taught me a lot about myself as a writer; most importantly, it's taught me that if I want to become a novelist, I'll really have to push it up a notch. Writing isn't just sitting down and pouring out your heart; writing has a science to it too. Before I start writing any novels, I'll have to have plans, ideas, a notion of some sort of where it's going. But I have to say, that for a first time go-around, "Leap of Faith" isn't that bad. Hopefully someday, when I have a lot more time, I'll be able to take some of this manuscript and actually make it good - tweak it around and put some better stuff into it. But for now, I'm happy with this; all 53, 742 words of it. And even if it a pile of useless words to some people, it doesn't matter - because to me, it's a novel. My first novel.
I'm Jordan Thomas, and I'm an author.
:]

4 comments:

Heidi said...

=]
hey. when your famous, can i have your autograph so i can sell it on ebay and get rich too?
hehe. just kidding.
congrats! and seriously, i have dibs on reading it at some point. i'm sure its more than a pile of useless words.
=]
*love*

Brianne said...

congratulations, dear.
you worked really hard on this!
(lugging your laptop around wherever you went. =P)

i have dibs on reading this as well. =]

lucky13 said...

Yay!!!
Congrats :D

I'd love to read it as well...

And yes, at least one of those things on my list was yours.
~♥~

devon said...

I'm proud of you, and I'm proud of me, and I'm proud of everyone who WriMo'd :D

WE ARE AUTHORS, JORDAN.
[:

Congratulations!

<333