Saturday, November 24, 2007

honesty.

i just spent three hours talking to my best friend about life. i hadn't talked to her in much too long; had a heart-to-heart like that, and i'm so glad we did. she opened my eyes about a lot of things going on in both our lives right now, some of which was tough and made me cry because it was so honest.

honesty is a funny thing. it cuts to your core as a human being; it can chop you down so far; it can set you free from bounds; yet it can bind you. honesty. honesty is truthfulness and sincerity.

it is said that "the truth shall set you free." but it didn't say anything about it not hurting along the way to freedom.my friend really helped me realize a lot of the things that are going on my life tonight. she was honest, and it hurt, but i am forever grateful to her for it. i needed to hear those truths, instead of the lies everyone else, and myself, are being feeded with.i hope someone in your life cares that much about you - so much that they'll be honest with you even though they know it may be painful.

goodnight, dears.

<3

No comments: