Wednesday, November 21, 2007

oh, it is love.

love
1a: strong affection for another based on kinship ties. b: affection based on sexual desire. c: affection based on admiration or benevolence.
2: warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion.
3a: unselfish loyal concern for the good of another. b: a person's adoration of God.
4: an emorous episode.
5: to feel affection.

So many people have asked the world the unanswerable question: what is love? According to the dictionary, love is a strong affection for another based on kinship ties, an affection based on sexual desire, or even affection based on admiration or benevolence. Some people say it's the best feeling in the world; a feeling so beautiful that words can't even come close to describing it. Others say it's when two hearts, minds, and bodies connect for life in forever infatuation.

But love isn't those things. Love is yours. You are the one who defines what love is in your life; what it means to you. How do you define love, you say? Maybe you use words. Maybe you use music. Maybe you don't even define it, just because you like it being undefinable. But however you do it, love will be yours.

How do I define love? I've thought long and hard about my definition; it's constantly changing, and probably always will.

Love to me is when I hear the intro to my favorite song; when I read the beautiful words penned by great minds on paper; when a little girl smiles, and the whole world is blinded in awe; when clouds roll leisurely across an endless sky; when someone calls me because they miss me; when i can barely breathe from laughing so hard; when i'm onstage pouring my all my heart and soul into a performance; when the sky glows as the sun sets peacefully on the day; when the fireflies come out and dance the night away. This is what love is to me.

love is now yours to define. what is love to you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you inspire me! =) but also make me sad at the same time! =( oh well that's just life i guess.
love ya jord,
Sam