Monday, April 21, 2008

the cure for heartbreak.

From: "Jordan Thomas" mzblondegal2000@netscape.net
To: "Disclosed Recipients"
Sent: Sunday, May 6, 2007 11:48:48 AM
Subject: Heartbreak

What's your cure for heartbreak?
In other words, what do you do to cheer yourself up whenever life really sucks?
Let me know.
-Jordan

-----------------------------------------------------

looking back through old emails the other day, i stumbled across this one. i remember writing it and sending it to every single person in my contacts lists. i remember crying as i typed it, but not because of what it said - but because of the reason i wrote it to begin with. i remember reading all of the responses i got back, and laughing. and crying. and smiling. and laughing some more. and being happy. ironically, i think the thing that really solved my heartbreak then was reading what you said solved yours. :]

so it makes me wonder; does what solved our broken hearts then still mend our wounds now? do the same things cheer us up? or has our route to happiness changed? do different things make us smile, piece us back together, make us just plain happy? as we grow up, do different things cure our heartbreak?

when i sent this email out, i received a fair amount of messages back. not everyone who i sent one to responded, and not all of them that did respond answered my question...but every single one of them asked me if i was okay. everyone who did respond cared. and i love every single one of those people for that.

so that brings me to this. i thought i'd share the responses i got when i sent this out just over a year ago. just for fun, you know? i want to see if the same things that made the people around me happy then still makes them happy now. now, warning: one of these responses might have been yours. who knows? i hope if it is, you'll wonder if the same things that made you happy then still make you happy now.

-----------------------------------------------------

1.) chocolate
cute boys
good movies
blankets
harry potter
friends
cute boys
music
shopping
cute boys
phonecalls
history day...

oops. i just lied.
cute boys.

2.) chocolat bath mancure peticure massage girls night out ice cream and playing loud happy musicsee how those work!!

3.) Chocolate
Movie Nights
Shopping
Buddies
Dog
Boys...
Walks
Volleyball
FOOTBALL

yay! hope I helped you.

4.) That's an easy one.....I just let my mind go to all the wonerful blessings I have received. They come streaming into my head...and usually I see something specfial that I can gain from associated with the bad things I'm dealing with directly. Life really never sucks that way.

5.) Think of all the people who have it worse than you, and be glad it’s not you. Think you had really good chocolate…

6.) Let's see, I like to blare my music really loud, go shopping, or hang out with friends.

7.) Ick -- what a bummer of a question! Don't know that there's really an answer that works for everybody. The good old stand-byes are going out to do fun and interesting things with friends, or watching girlie movies, or just realizing that you're better than whoever-it-is and that one day it will all work out for the best! Or find your best girl power songs and put them on repeat on your iTunes. Or try a new hairdo or outfit, go for a run, or write in a journal. Tons of different options, you just have to find what works for you -- or try them all! I'm sure it sucks a lot, but the more you go through things like that the stronger it makes you and the more perspective you have, so it does get much easier! And remember, life itself never really sucks -- you just have bad experiences, but overall you have a great life and you're very lucky to be who you are, and I don't think you'd want to have a life that didn't have both bad and great experiences in there, otherwise you would end up lacking a certain kind of depth that comes from challenging experiences. Always remember the phrase "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

8.) CHOCOLATE! LOT'S OF CHOCOLATE!

9.) idk it depends on wut mood im in. usually i eat ice cream cookie dough or any thing else that is high in sugar

10.) uh boys, boys, my bestest buds/butts, puppies, fluffy pillos, blankets, FOOD yeah thats kinda it

11.) Chocolate, my sevy buddies, the rest of my friends, rainbows and unicorns, math

-----------------------------------------------------

so,
do the same things still make you happy?

and if not,
what's your cure for heatbreak now?

4 comments:

lucky13 said...

Wow... I remember that email.

So, now, I probably wouldn't word it in that way, and there would definitely be new things on the list, but overall, those things still help. ^_^

Love ya!
~♥~

Heidi said...

two words:
cream cheese.
:D mmmmm...
and if its a really bad heart break, sometimes it takes ice cream too (no, not at the same time. lol)
tasty cream cheese.....
♥♥♥♥
heidi

Brianne said...

so i know which one was faithes. =P that was easy.

i also think i found sam brooks'

i have other guesses, but those two are almost for sure

iskra said...

Interesting. I read your postings and wonder... My heartbreak lasts 4 years now and still can't forget or move forward, can't fall in love with somebody else and can't thruely experience anything without thinking of him. I still love him and know he does too. We had a deep and wonderful relationship, I still don't really know why it ended. I am sure we are meant for each other. How does chocolate and shopping relate to this kind of feeling?! And I am still alive, successful, go out with friends, travel the world, love my parents, shop and eat. It doesn't help at all:-)
I. - a 36 year old woman from Bulgaria