Thursday, May 8, 2008

thanks, "you."

i've lost all faith;
in relationships.
in romance.
in happiness.
in peace.
in love.


you are the reason i've lost my faith. you are the reason i don't believe in anything anymore. you were my hero. and you let me down.

i looked at you and saw you;
in a relationship.
full of romance.
full of happiness.
full of peace.
in love.


everything i ever wanted. and you had it. who is "you"? you is every single one of you. every single person on this planet has broken my beliefs. my trust. my heart, in a way.

i thought your relationship was perfect.
i thought the romance in your life was the thing that kept you going.
i thought you were full of happiness.
i thought you supported the peace.
i thought you were really in love.


i was wrong. you weren't.

i believed in the relationships i saw and that they would last forever.
i believed in a romance that unified two people into one mind and soul.
i believed in a happiness that was perfect. pure. serene. unbreakable.
i believed in a peace where everyone loved each other; or at least tried to.
i believed in love. and that was my biggest mistake.


you may have broken other people's hearts, but you broke my beliefs. and that hurt just as much. but you taught me something. and i guess that's just as important.

i know now that relationships won't last forever.
i know now that romance isn't enough to keep two people together.
i know now that happiness is only temporary.
i know now that peace is an unattainable goal in our world today.
i know now that love doesn't exist.


so i guess all i have left to say is "thanks."
a thanks for teaching me.
a thanks for letting me down.
a thanks for helping me lose all my faith in you.
so, thanks.
even though you sure don't deserve it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa, i feel pretty much the same as you.
although, for me it's like different somehow[maybe]. like i lost my beleif in everything because of my personal stuff relating to this.
but this kinda put things in perspective for me.
you are very smart...not wise and very good with your words.
i <3 u.

Anonymous said...

i meant you ARE wise.
oops.

you are wise.