Sunday, June 8, 2008

what happened?

you used to bare your soul to me, and i kept it safe. now, you barely talk to me. what happened?

you used to be my hero. i looked up to you more than anyone. but now, you're different. i don't look up to you anymore. what happened?

you used to fight for it; this; us. then you stopped. what happened?

you used to need me, and everytime you called, i would be there for you. then you didn't call me when you were in trouble anymore. then you stopped calling at all. what happened?

you used to care about keeping us together more than anything. best friends forever. slowly, you started contributing to the cracks in our already-crumbling foundation. what happened?

we ended almost the same as we began; but why? what happened?

we were always on the same page. then you started reading faster than me. now you're at the climax of your story, and i'm still at the beginning. what happened?

we used to love. now, all i hear from our lips are words of hate. what happened?

what happened?

things change.
people change.
everything changed.

that's what happened.

No comments: