Wednesday, January 2, 2008

new year's resolution?

every year, i make a new year's resolution, pledging to make at least one particular thing better about myself. i usually forget the resolution by the second week in January, and i don't even remember new year's by march. this year, though, i was going to blog my resolutions so i wouldn't forget them, and make them something along the lines like this:

1) be a better person.
2) talk to sam dorrance more.
3) actually do my math homework.
4) have fun.

then i decided that those were crappy new year's resolutions, and i threw away that idea and tried to think up new ones. then i thought, "what the heck, jordan? you need a new year's resolution in order to change those things? you needed a new year to come along to be a better person, to talk to sam more, to do your math homework, to have fun? no, you don't. you're stupid."

so my new year's resolution this year is to not have a new year's resolution, but to have resolutions when i need them. don't decide to change something because it's a tradition; change something when it needs to be changed. sure, those resolutions above are still my goals, but they're not my goals for the new year. they're my goals for the new me.

cliche? yes. important? more.

2 comments:

lucky13 said...

Cliche can be good in some instances. Like this one.

And yes, we do need another spy mission.
~♥~

Unknown said...

uh i do believe there is an error on ur list...
it should say:
5)hang with my friends even more then i already do(Epecially Sam N)
hehehe
sorry i'm in a good mood for once in my life...>.<
*hugs*